If South Bay Orthopedic and Sports Medicine IS NOT contracted with your health plan
- If you have a PPO/HMO Managed Care plan with which Dr. Sharma is not contracted, you may still see Dr. Sharma by using your “out of network” benefits.
- You will be asked to pay for office visits and telephone services at the time they are provided.
- Whenever possible, we will bill your insurance directly for surgical procedures.
- You will receive a statement at the time of your visit that includes all the information needed for you to bill your insurance company. This statement should be attached to your completed insurance form and forwarded to the address your company provides.
- Your insurance will reimburse you for your visit at the out-of-network rate.
- Check with your Human Resources Department or in your insurance booklet to determine your benefits as a patient.
If South Bay Orthopedic and Sports Medicine IS contracted with your health plan
- If you are a member of a PPO/HMO Managed Care plan with which Dr. Sharma has a contract, your insurance ID card must be presented at every visit.
- If you are unsure of the specific coverage guidelines and requirements pertaining to their individual plan, please verify your coverage prior to your appointment.
- We accept checks, cash, Master Card and VISA.
- Our current fee schedule is available upon request.
Contracted insurance plans
I have contracts with the following insurance plans:
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross
- Blue Shield
- Choice Care
- First Health
- Great West
- PHCS Private Health Care Systems
- Santa Clara County IPA (SCCIPA)
- United Healthcare